HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

High Tech Treasure Hunting

By TheLarsons23

I'm afraid Tiffany's addiction to Geocaching is very contagious. She doesn't even have to be near you for you to catch it. I caught it from her over the internet! All she did was post a few pictures of her Geocaching adventures and tell me all about it, and I was hooked. :) But trust me, no one in her ever growing cult is complaining. We're all just excited to have something fun to do with our family and friends.

Geocaching is a high tech treasure hunt! That's how I explain it to muggles I meet along the way, or potential new members of our Cult. ;) I love that it gets me out of the house, and into the sunshine! Plus the little tree hugger in me absolutely loves the CITO initiative. CITO stands for Cache In Trash Out. It's the ongoing commitment of the geocaching community to clean up parks and cache-friendly places around the world. It's simple, you just bring a trash bag with you on your geocache hunt and pick up any litter you find along the way! I take my nieces and nephews with me often and it's a great lesson for them in how important and how easy it is to keep our environment clean and beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment