HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TheLarsons23 Favorite Cache #1

By TheLarsons23


Moonlight Madness GC2X8EW
A night Cache.


Night caches are a lot of fun. You're given starting point coordinates, and from there you have to find and follow small reflectors using a bright flashlight. Ultimately you're led to the hidden Cache.



I first went after this one with my local geocaching partner, Team Araiza. (My cousin Katie and her children.) None of us had ever done a night cache, so we didn't really know what to expect. This cache is in a huge desert lot in the middle of town. It didn't take long for us to realize we just weren't prepared enough for this hunt. (Weak flashlights, no jackets on a cold night, plus a baby in a stroller, which was just NOT working out.) We found 4 reflectors and a black widow before we decided to come back another time.





Let me tell you something about Geocaching, when you can't find the "treasure" and have to leave empty handed, it bothers you. It's really frustrating! So later that night I talked my husband into taking me back out after this Cache. Only this time, we had his 4x4 Jeep! With my husband's help, we found another 6 or 7 reflectors before finally finding the finish line/ Geocache. Inside, I found my very first Geocoin: 

Geocoin Club May 2008 Geocoin!


No comments:

Post a Comment