HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Welcome Back.....

To start off, I am sorry. I failed. I obviously have not kept up with my blog and have received some vicious feedback from my (one) follower(s). Not to name any names Luis. I will try to be better I promise.. okay take that back I don't promise but I will try.

The only other really big announcement that needs to be made is to publish the winner of the Cult Rivalry.. needless to say it's not this girl..


They beat me. Fair and square. There really was no competition there towards the end of the year, just yousguys number rising while mine were stagnant. Therefore, 


 

Other news that is really old news at this point. I placed my first cache!!! Karma It is an easy park and grab but hey its fun to see who actually goes out to the middle of nowhere to find a cache. I must blame my mom for my new cache, after taking her to find her first caches, she told me I should place one! So I did.. in Arizona. I forewarned her that she would have to help me maintain the cache and take care of it... so we'll see how that goes. So far there has only been 5 visits logged.. but what do you expect when it's in the middle of NOWHERE!!

Slight exaggeration
 Have a few more ideas for some more caches I need to place.. just haven't gotten around to it yet.. will soon.. hopefully...

So here I will go on to complain about why I was unable to do much of anything, including keeping my blog up to date until now. I volunteered to help out with this thing called the Sierra Blanca Wildfire Academy (SBWFA)... BAD IDEA!! I pretty much got handed most of everything to take care of... or at least that's what it felt like to me.. My first year being part of the Academy and they had me taking all the nominations, issuing all the acceptance letters or "sorry the class is full" letters, handling cancellations and answering dumb questions like "When should I travel for my class?" Really? Do I look like your FREAKIN' travel agent....


Source


The above is clearly not me as there was not a smile on my face as I was asked to help a 40 year old man decide when he should leave for his class so he made it on time..  This year of the academy was also the first year that classes filled up and we weren't able to get everyone that applied into classes. So I also got to deal with a bunch of pissed off people who were clearly upset that they waited till the last minute to apply to the academy and now couldn't attend because classes were full. I'm sorry, tell me how your lack of initiative is my fault.

Source


On a much better and happier note....

My travel bug Wandering Ducky was rescued!!!!

It was a daring and brave mission by Love Cachers who traveled 77.38 miles on a clearly planned and well executed sting operation to guarantee the safety of my beloved Travel Bug. Considering its only 1 of 2 that I have ever placed and the only one still in existence (remember God Bless the USA is still MIA).....

If anyone has seen this Travel Bug, please return him to the world of Geocaching.



I am so happy that after almost 5 months, Wandering Ducky was rescued from Hwy 87 TB Hotel and moved to Love's TB Treehouse. Since his rescue, Ducky has gone an additional 422 miles and is currently residing in The SCARY Halloween cache in Arkansas!

On that I note I now want to express my undying and complete devotion to:


I registered Wandering Ducky on this website in hopes of finding out if he was actually still in the cache after 5 months and to try and get him moving again. I really didn't know how many people participate in this website and if it would help... well it did!!! So far the site claims to have rescued 1,268 travel bugs and still have 367 travel bugs that need rescuing! So come on people let's rescue some TB's!!!! So if anyone has any Travel Bugs that haven't moved for a while go to tb-rescue and register your TB and get them moving again!!
Source


On a more somber note... more gloom and doom..

Source

 This fire season is supposed to be just as bad as last years. Same weather pattern, same lack of rain, same dry fuel.... just need the idiots who go and start them and we'll be off the the races again. So my participation in geocaching and blogging might again be thwarted by this thing called real life that I guess I have to participate in if I want to be able to afford the gas to drive around geocaching...

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment