HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Seasonal Geocacher and a Big Loser

by RadioAngel

So it has been brought to my attention by my nemesis yousguys that I have lost this round of the Cult Rivalry... So here you go!!

The winner of Round 3 of the Geocaching Cult Rivalry is....


 ....yousguys:
And finally the Loser Badge goes to:
RadioAngel


Round 3 Final Score:
yousguys=49
RadioAngel =48

There you have it Andrew, victory is yours.... I am wondering though... it is quite funny that yousguys only got enough caches to beat me by one? So was it truly a "Caching Adventure" day... or a last ditch effort to win at least one trophy during our Rivalry??


All in all, this last part of the year has not been real productive when it comes to Geocaching for me... or any of my cult members... Is it the cold weather? Is it the holidays? Christmas less than 20 days away? The half a foot of snow on the ground?


This is not my idea of a good time... nor my husband I would guess.. Is there such thing as seasonal Geocachers? Because I'm pretty sure I am one.... I'm not ashamed. I like being warm. I do not enjoy freezing my ass off while I dig in the snow for a little plastic box.... Perhaps if I had someone to go caching with in the snow that would be enjoyable company and not miserable and hating every minute (insert husband here) I would have fun with it. But I'm not going to drag my 1 1/2 year old son around in the freezing cold just for Geocaching Glory...

So there you have it. I am a wimpy seasonal cacher....

Moving on..... it finally feels like Christmas and winter... and it only took severe winter storms, 6" + of snow, and an Administrative Day from work because the weather was so bad... Nothing like being paid to sit at home in your P.J.'s watching Toy Story 3 with your kiddo!

Now for the heart breaking news:

My beloved TB God Bless the USA is missing in action. I got this email today:

             I have bad news for your TB that was in  my hotel. My hotel is a    
             Medicine Cabinet mounted to the back wall of my shop, with a combination
             lock on it. Someone came by in the last week and undid my lock, got in and
             took everything. Then proceeded to lock it back up with their lock and leave
             the key inside. I had to cut the lock off and get a new lock. I hope your TB
             shows back up somewhere.

              Sorry
                   Joe Friday


So there you have it... Not doing real well in the Travel Bug department. One is stuck in Texas in Hwy 87 TB Hotel and the other is now missing and surely will never be found.


I am thinking I will keep future TB's and Geocoins safe with me for a while... not ready to let my babies out into the cruel world.....

I don't plan on caching anytime soon either... I have Christmas Dinner and present extravaganza to plan... This is the first time we are actually staying home and having Christmas at our house....
She could be my twin
right now..

No comments:

Post a Comment