HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Monday, November 21, 2011

1st Geocaching Event and More......

By RadioAngel

So this weekend was pretty busy, but than again, most of my weekends are....

Friday night: Sadly, I did not make it to the two new published and un-found caches by my house due to complete darkness at a ridiculous time. I'm just saying if it's going to be 73 degrees Fahrenheit outside than it should not be dark by 5:00 p.m.

Saturday morning was complete chaos at my house, as most mornings usually are....


Jase slept in... which instantly through the day off as I was pretty sure Hell had froze over! I woke up to sunlight... thought what the hell... than realized there were two possibly un-found geocaches right up the road!! "GET UP!" I think I screamed at Weston.. which was rightly met with a not so nice look. 
After realizing it was almost pointless to try and hurry to get out the door and us all be in a good mood, I settled on just getting ready for the Geocaching Event breakfast. So we got ready, loaded the Suburban/ Caching-mobile, and ..... GUESS WHAT ...

I decided we had some time to do a morning cache run before breakfast.. which led to:

Not 1 but 2 First to Finds!!!               

Oh yeah.. Doing my happy dance right now!!! I now have a total of 3 FTFs.. and while we are talking numbers.. It's Monday and......

Cult Rivalry Totals Are In!!

RadioAngel = 48
yousguys = 44
Therefore, winner is:     ME!! 
And the Loser Badge goes to: yousguys
Anyways, we made it to the Geocaching Event, had breakfast and met a bunch of Geocachers for all over NM. I got a 100 Finds Patch for when I actually get 100 finds!!

Weston says I'm not allowed to put it on my backpack until I actually have 100 Finds... So it sits in my TB pouch waiting for the day it can be placed out in the open for everyone to see.  

Saturday afternoon consisted of a birthday party for one of my son's friends. There was cake, a jumping castle


and a dozen 3 year old  girls. Jase was totally outnumber with the girl/boy ratio, but needless to say he had a blast and was extremely exhausted by the time we left....

Jase sleeping in the car on the way home = Geocaching our way home!!! That's right! Weston even suggested we stop at a few on the way home... This is a major break through and quite possibly I'm hoping a sign of peaked interest in my new found love affair.... A girl can hope.

So we hit two more caches on our way home and called it a day.

Sunday was picture day.. again. We somehow convinced my co-worker to take pictures out at White Sands National Park of both my family and my boss Nicole's family. Her daughter just had a birthday party Saturday.

Extreme Chaos ensued. Kids did not cooperate. It was windy. Jase almost got lost... Yeah, Weston and I found out we need to work on our communication skills.



Let me set the scene:

Weston, Jase and I are out at White Sands playing before it's our turn to take pictures. We were hoping we could get him warmed up and happy so pictures would be easier.... (didn't work).

Nicole, my boss, was also having problems with her daughter Paula, who kept running away from the camera. We had brought a peddle front end loader as a prop for Jase to take pictures on. I thought it might be something to help distract Paula long enough to get some pictures.

I yell at Weston:

"Honey, go get the front end loader for Paula to play on."

This is followed by Weston taking off running to the Suburban and Jase of course running after him thinking it's a game. Weston looks back and sees Jase chasing him.. I think okay Weston has Jase. So I commence on trying to help Nicole get a picture of Paula.

5 Minutes Later:

Weston comes running back with the front end loader......... and no Jase......

Panic sets in, I asked him if he had Jase, he replies no....

Than Caleb (Nicole's husband) says, "Well there he is" and points out in the middle of this field of shrubs and bushes.... and there is Jase... just wondering without a care in the world.

It's quite funny now, it wasn't then, but it is now. Jase wasn't scared at all, didn't know he was lost, was just outside where he loves to be. Another comforting fact is that I work at an emergency dispatch center... I kinda know the number to search and rescue!!

What was also hilarious was following Jase's feet print in the sand. He totally like bailed off a little hill and I was looking at his feet print like, "Wow he didn't even fall he made it all the way down the hill..... oh wait. There's a face plant."

So mental note:

When watching Jase run away...
make sure someone is watching where he's going.

Happy caching fellow cachers!



No comments:

Post a Comment