HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Day = Horrible Caching

By RadioAngel

I had glorious visions of major caching adventures during my Thanksgiving holiday. I was off from work Wednesday through Sunday. I was going to be with family who wouldn't have a problem watching Jase while I went out on a little hike or two......... I had four wonderful caches picked out.. Nice higher terrain difficulty than usual. All on top of mountain peaks. A notorious weeds19 cache....

Little Hatchets Treasure Chest
Speak Softly and Carry a Big Hatchet
Bootheel Bonanza: Big Hatchet Peak
Playas Peak

Four wonderful caches to mark off my list. Four small victories.... But instead


Not one cache was to be found the entire weekend. I was pretty much devastated. It is still hard for me to talk about it. My dreams were so big, and they pretty much died on Wednesday.

Let me set the scene:
Weston and I were all sitting around my in-law's house Wednesday morning, nothing going on, perfect weather outside.

Weston's Mother Asks:
"What are your plans for the day?"

Weston Replies:
"Nothing I just want to hang out around the house."

It was then that I knew my caching dreams were doomed. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and it rained all day. Friday was "Black Friday" and therefore nonnegotiable. Saturday consisted of cold miserable weather. I could use my husband as an escape goat saying I would never convince him to take me out hiking in 30 degree Fahrenheit weather but the truth was I didn't want to go out and freeze to death.


And Sunday was spent in church and driving home...

To make matters worse, I think at 27 years old I need a hip replacement... okay probably not but it really really hurts like hell. It was so bad on Thursday night that I was on the floor changing Jase's diaper.... and I got stuck on the damn floor. Moving left or right even an inch caused excruciating pain. I just sat there in silence cussing myself for about 30 minutes.

Me next year at 28 years old

To sum it all up: The Cult Rivalry still stands as it did in Round 2

RadioAngel = 48
yousguys = 44

So I'm just going to let this last week slide and consider it a free holiday pass.


In other news, since my husband has already shouted it from the roof top and everyone in their brother already knows....... I'm prego!! That's right. With Child. Expecting. Bun in the Oven.... You get the idea. And so getting this decal for my Suburban (Weston has no say) .

The next generation cacher should be here late July - early August...

1 comment:

  1. FYI "radio so'n so" I think your losing..... Think its 49 yousguys, and you 48

    ReplyDelete