HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Thursday, November 10, 2011

3 Caches = Happines

by RadioAngel

Pretty much at this point I will take what I can get.

But thankfully I have the most wonderful husband in the entire world, even if he isn't a Geocaching addict like me. Maybe his Geocaching name is a hint, Team She Made Me Go......

Anyways, I wasn't having a particularly good day yesterday. No reason really, just one of those days where I was in a funk. That or the fact that I was running early yesterday morning so I decided to go look for a cache, Where's Rebecca???? And I totally gave up due to coldness at 7:30 in the morning. (18 degrees Fahrenheit is a really good reason)  I was totally regretting not getting out of the truck to look for the cache. That was such a dumb wasted caching opportunity!!! And even more, Weston and I were on our way to Cloudcroft for a flu shot.....


Not really something that would make my day WONDERFUL!

Weston usually will do anything to cheer me up so he said, "Would finding a few Geocaches this afternoon cheer you up?"

OH BOY WOULD IT EVER!!



So after our Flu shots, which didn't hurt thank goodness it was only the anticipation of pain made me worry, Weston took me to two caches up in Cloudcroft before we went and picked up Jase at daycare.

Cache 1

Where's Rebecca????????  GC31XDC

It was a pretty easy find that  Weston found first of course. I was headed in the completely WRONG direction thanks to my not so trusty GPS.. Thoughts of throwing it in the man made pond at the Cloudcroft Lodge came to mind....

Cache 2 

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS GC2HHVN

This was a pretty cool cache in that...... I found it first!! (For once) The owners of the cache also keep it stocked with pewter hearts. I, of course, took a cute little heart and left a tag from the Bisbee Copper Queen Mine Tour in Arizona which I had picked up in GC1KJEK.



We left the cache to go pick up Jase at daycare. It was starting to get really cold... or I say really cold, Weston said it was comfortable. It was also starting to flurry a little bit and made for a beautiful peaceful few caches!!

We headed down the mountain to Alamogordo and went to the western store to buy Jase some new cowboy boots. They light up and he looks pretty darn cute in them.




Here he was in PJs and his boots last night



Everyone at once now! AWWWWW!

So we have pictures this Saturday in Mesilla. Needless to say, I have spent ALOT of money on clothes so we look extra awesome! Weston and Jase even got matching black felt hats out of the deal! Let's just say it was an early Christmas at our house this week with all the packages arriving... did I mention I love online shopping.... Just a little too much maybe!

After the Western store I convinced Weston to stop at one more cache on the way home.... "Just one more honey... Pleaseeeeee?"



Cache 3

White Boom GC32MFC

Weston had to stay in the truck with Jase, who was getting pretty fussy at this point. Luckily it was a quick find, and it wasn't a micro! It had some tradable stuff in it so I took a cache coin and left a tattoo, necklace, and balloon.

Also grabbed a Travel Bug Army Ducker which I will try to move to Las Cruces when we go take our pictures on Saturday.

I have been wanting to stop at this cache for about a week now since I learned the cache owner is a fellow co-worker, Stewartfaminthewoods. Okay so he is more like my boss's boss!


So three caches yesterday made me a happy cacher.. my urge to quit work to go caching is at bay for now.. However, I am leaving work right now to go get a hair cut in Las Cruces, and I'm pretty sure there are caches along the way........

Happy Caching!


No comments:

Post a Comment