HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Saturday, November 5, 2011

1 Gallon of Milk = 1 Cache Found

By RadioAngel

After work last night, I stopped at a craft fair on my way home that Weston had seen the sign for along side the road. Weston and Jase met me there and we found a few things for Christmas presents and of course Weston loaded up on stuff from the bake sale. Afterwords, Weston reminded me we needed some milk for Jase and ask if I wanted to just go pick one up at the La Luz Market....... My reply:


Of course I new there was a Geocache there, and Weston soon realized that too when I headed to the back of the Suburban to get my GPS out of my trusty Geocaching backpack that never leaves my side!!

Found: New Mexico or Bust GC295GQ

It was a quick grab, as soon as I got my GPS to stop bouncing around. I decided to try the Compass navigation once I got within 10 feet... Must say it worked rather well. Maybe I have my problem with my GPS figured out... One can only hope. I would really hate to have to throw it off a cliff or place it underneath the truck tire and drive over it..



Teresa and Andrew you had better watch out!! I'm sneaking up on your total cache finds one at a time!!!   


Did I mention I have been going through Geocaching withdrawals.... and I thought finding one last night might help curb the anxiousness I feel when I think of all the caching I could be doing right now instead of sitting here at work as volunteers do "hunting" patrols throughout the forest.....  But it didn't. It only made it worse.

OH and to make matters even more horrible, just got the notification that EIGHT new caches were published late last night. So right now this is how I feel:



However, the weather is really nasty outside and I don't think even if I was at home and not working I would be out Geocaching... call me a weeny but I very much dislike the wind and the cold. Today it's windy and cold.

So at least today:

1.) I am making nothing but oats, A.K.A Overtime

 

2. Get all day to look at Geocaching.com and plan a day of caching extravaganza!
3.) I do not have to be outside in the wind. Did I mention I really hate the wind.


And so does this girl.... another reason why I don't wear dresses or skirts... EVER!!


So even though I am sad I am not fulfilling my geocaching urge this weekend, there will always be another weekend, or a lunch break, or a quick stop on the way to work.........

However, I am SUPER excited to receive all my new Geocaching stuff I ordered which includes some travel bugs!!!! I made the order yesterday, along with some Christmas presents from Amazon. Yeah, can't believe it's already November! I need to get on my holiday shopping!!! The overtime from today will certainly help with that. So while I'm here surfing the internet for 8+ hours, reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and staring longingly at Geocaching.com.........

Happy Geocaching fellow Cachers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment