HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Coffee Please

by RadioAngel

After reading my daily dose of Running off the Reese's (my most favorite blog in the whole world even though I don't run and have no desire to) and drinking two large cups of black coffee, I think I may be ready to start my day.

I have yet to clean the pile of notebooks and planners I dumped on my desk this morning... but the day is young, I will get to that soon... uh-oh my coffee cup is empty and needs a refill.....


The reason for my disastrous performance at work today is due to the fact I tried some sleep training with my son Jase last night. Key word "I". Husband is not currently on board with the idea, but who cares. I'm the one who can't sleep with feet kicking me in the back of the head all night and the constant tossing and turning of a 1 1/2 year old in my bed.

So last night I decided:

1) I wasn't letting him in our bed, and
2) He wasn't getting a bottle all night long.

Probably wasn't the best idea to try stopping both habits at once, but what can I say I was feeling ambitious last night.. not so much at 2:00 this morning. And even less so at 10:00 this morning...



Therefore last night went something like this:

Jase went to sleep around 8:00pm, I placed him in bed and decided I would go to bed as well since I might be up all night enforcing my new law of the land. At 10:00 Jase woke up and came to the bed side wanting up. I said no, carried him back to his bed laid him down and told him time to go to bed.... What followed for the next 30-45 minutes... (felt like hours) was something straight out of a horror movie where the kid is possessed.

Jase screamed, pounded on doors, threw his binkie, than proceeded to cry because he wanted his binkie,....etc. I was sitting in the doorway to my bedroom guarding his escape and he kept trying to climb over me or charge me to get past me (the monster) into the arms of his daddy (knight in shining armor). Every time he tried to pass me and I told him no and laid him back in bed, he would again scream, pound on doors, through his binkie, than proceed to cry because he wanted his binkie,....etc.

Finally he fell asleep, IN HIS OWN BED! Looked something like this, but who cares he was asleep!!

Not my son, but pretty darn close!

And he stayed asleep for quite a while!! Thank God!! The next time he woke up he needed some coaching to go back to his bed, without me... but there was no possessed baby incident! And he only woke up once after that and in desperation I gave in and handed him a bottle. Jase only took one sip, so that solidifies my thought that he is not "starving" at night and does not need a bottle all through the night.

There is my night in a nutshell. Hopefully he's a quick learner and we don't have to do this for 2 weeks. Fingers are definitely crossed that someday soon I might get a full nights sleep.. trying to be totally optimistic here!!


She must not have any dogs, children, or any cares in the world. I'll bet she is heavily medicated. Not a bad idea actually.....

On to better news. We decided to go ahead and trade in Weston's truck for a new one.. This decision caused alot of fighting, threats of divorce, and heartburn for me. I do not make big decisions like this easily. I also have a big problem with going even further in debt for a truck....Even if it looks like this...


Than I drove it... loved it.. and decided why the hell not you can't take it with you when you go!! Weston even gave me permission to put a Travel Bug Sticker in the window!! Whoo Hoo!! Which means I had to order 2 TB stickers, one for the Suburban and 1 for the new truck. I had originally ordered a static cling TB for the Suburban.... but didn't read the small print that doesn't work with tinted windows... oops.

Even more exciting, I have my first Geocaching Party this Saturday!! The Rocket City Round Up hosted by armadillogal. It's a full day even, but we will only make it to the first part in the morning due to a birthday party for one of Jase's friends, also my boss's daughter, in the afternoon. And yes I said we... Weston has agreed to go as well and represent Team She Made Me Go!! More like I told him, "Guess what there is a Geocaching Even here in town and we're going".

I haven't been able to go caching in the last few day, but I'm hoping Saturday afternoon or maybe Sunday we will have some time. It gets dark too quick these days, so no time after work sadly. Sunday we have family pictures out at White Sands National Monument and I have already picked out a few caches that we can grab after photos!

I also have plans this weekend to scout out some locations for possible future RadioAngel caches. I have 4 places in mind! Kinda excited to make my first cache and it sure in the hell won't be a nano!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment