HOME             THE CULT             FAVORITE CACHES           

Monday, November 14, 2011

RadioAngel 1 - Team yousguys 0

By RadioAngel

So I'm pretty much going to give Round 1 of the yousguys/RadioAngel rivalry to myself...

I'm writing the blog, so I can do that.

I figured (just now) that I will make this a weekly competition. Who ever has the most total cache finds every Sunday gets a point until say January 6th (it's a Sunday). And who ever has the most points at that time wins....maybe some sort of prize. Yet to be determined. Sounds good to me. I mean, I am inventing my own competition so of course it sounds good. All cult members encouraged to join!!

After my caching spree yesterday, I currently have 43 cache finds to yousguys 42.


That is only because my husband loves me very much and I begged him to go caching with me yesterday. We found 8 of 8. A personnel record all made possible because Jase slept the entire time and we went caching around town where there was pretty much a cache at every street corner.

Let's just say after a day of caching in town, even though it was a Sunday and not that many people out (Thank God)... I HATE NANOS!!!

This girl looks happy... she must be on crack!

There is no way finding something the size of a dime, in a 30 foot radius (remember my GPS SUCKS) is fun.. I about gave up on a few of the caches until my knight in shining armor (loving husband) came out and helped me find them. I swear he has like a caching 6th sense. More than once he has stepped out of the truck, said "I bet the cache is right there" and I'll be damned.... Guess what! It's right freaking there!

I am also learning that I must look in ALL possible places that a cache MIGHT be, not only where my narrow minded self thinks they SHOULD be...



Sunday Geocaching Recap

1. Alley Cat - GC298QX
Initially, GPS had me on the wrong side of the alley, which after 10 minutes forced my husband to get out the truck and come help the damsel in distress. After thinking, "My GPS is probably way off", I decided to try on the other side of the alley. After some looking in "obvious" spots, finally found it.

2. "Paranoid" - GC27PW4
This one really threw me for a loop, especially because it was a nano (blah). I again was going around in circles, which was probably pretty funny to watch for anyone watching... I'm sure my husband was laughing in the truck too. To make it even more interesting, I was walking around in circle around a police yard.. yeah not the least bit suspicious! "Sorry officer, no I'm not casing the joint"! My husband was about to get out of the truck when the provided hint sunk in...


3. Among the Palms - GC2BFT4
By far my least favorite cache so far, did I mention it was a nano.... GPS again had me wandering around in circle. Didn't help this cache was on a busy intersection.. trying to be inconspicuous while holding a GPS and walking in circles a dozen times... Not so much. Weston did have to get out of the truck for this one and found it in less than 2 minutes.... It's a love/hate relationship sometimes..


 Love that he finds them so quickly, Hate that it makes me feel like an idiot.

4. UNSIGNED LETTER - GC323T5
This one wasn't too bad. My GPS only had me looking in a tree that was NOT where it was hidden. Luckily by that time I was getting the hang of looking in places in a pretty big radius of where my GPS said it should be.. (Garmin I will be calling you!) Weston did have to get out of the truck for this one as well... although I ended up finding it.

5. You Don't Bring Me Flowers - GC2KZCW
Okay by this point, my GPS was really starting to piss me off! It kept telling me this hidden Altoids tin was next to a light pole in a parking lot... I kept thinking this can't be right, there is no where to hide anything...... After almost giving up, I don't know what made me look under there.... Sorry I'm not giving it away, you'll have to find it for yourself. I mean I almost pulled my hair out, you can do the same.

6. You've Got A Friend - GC21Z77
Located at an animal shelter. Thank goodness it was Sunday and closed. Another one that took 10 minutes for me to decided it wasn't there. Give up. Than decided to go back and look one more time. Could it be under "there"? Seriously, why is this so hard for me...

7. Spider - GC335KF
Now this was my type of cache!! It was easy to find, GPS sent me in the right direction... Why can't they all be like this! Thanks armadillogal for restoring faith in my Geocaching abilities.


8. Crossroads of New Mexico TB Trading Post - GC2EG09
Again my kind of cache! Huge container and slightly out in the open!! TB Trading Post was full to the brim, but I dropped off Army Duckers since I knew I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Found a bunch of TBs listed as being at the cache but were in fact not there. I emailed all the TB owners in hopes they will mark them missing.

This has kinda become my Geocaching campaign. To let TB owners know when their TBs aren't in a specific cache that way they can mark them missing and take it off the cache trackable inventory.... 

Happy Caching fellow Cachers!

psst... Andrew.... I'm winning

No comments:

Post a Comment